Light Control Film
Switch between transparent and opaque with the switching on/off of electrical power
Toppan’s light control film demonstrates exceptional performance as a functional film that can switch instantly between transparent and opaque with the switching on and off of electrical power.
It can be used in a wide variety of fields, such as housing, offices, automobiles, and aircraft.
Principle of “LC MAGIC”
- Nomal type
"Opaque" when the power is off,"Transparent" when power is on.
- Reverse type
"Transparent" when the power is off.
“Transparent” when the power is offLight Control Film
LC MAGIC is a functional light controlling film allowing switching the state between “transparent” (at power off) and “opaque” (at power on). This film is expected to be widely used for safety-conscious applications, such as automotive windows, or for energy-saving building materials that usually require a transparent state.
Features and basic data
- As the state of the film is transparent when the power is off, it is possible to secure visual field even in the event of an accident or black out.
- Power-saving effect is expected since its normal state (transparent state) is available without electricity.
＜ Basic Data ＞
|Max. Size||1,450 × 3,000mm|
|Total light transmittance ( When OFF ) ※1 ※2||88％|
|Parallel Line Transmittance ※2||ON||Opaque||7%|
|Response speed ※3||0.5sec|
|Power consumption ※4||5W/㎡|
(Weather resistance) ※5
|Withstand 2,000 hours|
- ※1This is a value measured based on JIS K 7361-1 and JIS K7136, and not a guaranteed value.
- ※2A value measured at a temperature environment of 23 °C.
- ※3This is a response speed of the film at a temperature environment of 23 ° C, not including the activation and response time of the power supply equipment.
In low temperature environment, the response speed will be slow due to the characteristics of the film.
- ※4A value measured at a temperature environment of 23 ° C using the optimal voltage for an area of 1m2.
This is a power consumed by the film only, not including the consumption by other devices (Power supply, etc.).
(Optimal voltage: Normal mode: square wave 40Vrms40Hz, Reverse mode: square wave 40Vrms60Hz0)
- ※5SWOM (weathering test) is conducted based on JIS A 5759. Satisfied the values specified in the Toppan’s standard using Toppan-specified adhesive and edge sealing.
Light control film “LC MAGIC”Transmissive screnn function
“LC MAGIC” also demonstrates high performance as a transparent rear projection screen as “LC MAGIC” has been developed from an optical point of view.
The finer the images become, such as 4K or next-generation 8K, the more advantageous the liquid crystal films can perform.
Features of screen function
Evenly spaced acales are all the same width as visible light.
Fine images can be reproduced on any part of the film because the number of liquid crystal placed in the film is equally dispersed.
- ＊LC MAGIC and the LC MAGIC logo are trademarks of Toppan Inc.